General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

92 honda accord electrical questions.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 10:54 PM
Default 92 honda accord electrical questions.

Hi guys

I'm helping a friend fix his car and most of it is pretty straight forward. But here are the problems. First one is that front corner lights don't work and all fuses are good. I have been reading info on the light switch but the tail lights do work. Second problem which may be related. There are 3 Orange plugs under the hood. One on each side of the engine compartment towards the front and the third is a larger one on the pass side near the firewall. The one by the air box has visibly damaged wires. My question is what system are they in and are theyconnected to the lights?

Some additional info:
I'm told the engine is straight from Japan.
I have not physically checked the bulbs, tried to repair the wires or pull trouble codes yet. We ran out time today.

Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator

What wire colors are going to the bulbs that do not work? Do the headlights and highbeams work properly? How about turn signals?

Old 10-02-2014, 09:51 AM

The low beam lights work fine, not sure about high beams. The tail lights work and at least one of the turn signals work. This is all stuff i noticed last night as he was leaving. I already asked to check the rest of the lights. I will get some wire colors and more info for you soon.

Thank you.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:12 AM

Orange connectors are for the ABS. Yellow connectors are for the SRS.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:53 AM

Thank you turtlehead that is definitely helpful as well. I'm still waiting for my friend to have the time to come back. When he does i will post a pic to clarify the plugs and will let you guys know if i find the problem. Having issues in at least two different systems is gonna be fun. I already know I need to repair some of the wires in the harness with the orange plugs and few other spots. I'm just hoping this doesn't turn into a bigger headache than I can deal with.

Thanks again to both of you.