General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

strange electrical problem -2005 honda accord

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

With the exception of P0102 - MAF sensor circuit low voltage, those other codes are not listed for your generation Accord or are generic.

If the Check Engine Light is not currently on, it means there was an intermittent failure. If the problem(s) recurs, the Check Engine Light will come back on.

Sometimes a low battery charge or power will cause multiple codes. First check you battery cable connections and other electrical connections. If those are okay, check the battery.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:50 PM
Newest Of Newbies

redbull-1: so i ran a jumper wire from terminal-3(wht/grn) to terminal-2(blk) and it works just fine. only thing is it stays live even after i take key out of ignition, and the window controls at each of the doors stays illuminated even after car is off and keys are out of ignition. so this could possibly drain my battery right?

Old 02-23-2014, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, that would drain the battery if they stay live after the key is out.

Try attaching a wire from cavity 1 (Blk) to cavity 3 (Wht/Grn) to see if things change.

Old 02-26-2014, 03:57 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Now i have a maint. Req light that is coming on upon startup but then goes off. And a headlight went out again and i just put new ones in. The headlight thing has been reoccurring problem and it alternates sides. Any idea what could cause that? Should i start a new thread?

Old 02-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Is the power window problem resolved?

If yes, which method did you use, a jumper wire (which cavities) or replacement of door multiplex control unit?

Yes, start another thread for the maintenance required light and headlight problem, as this thread is already kind of long, a different issue, and it will be less confusing to follow.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:03 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Is the power window problem resolved?

If yes, which method did you use, a jumper wire (which cavities) or replacement of door multiplex control unit?

Yes, start another thread for the maintenance required light and headlight problem, as this thread is already kind of long, a different issue, and it will be less confusing to follow.

will do , i just thought they could be related in someway especially the maint. reqd. light coming on.
the power window issue is not resolved yet. i did jump terminals 3 - and 2, which did make each window in the car work but remained hot even when car was off. I also tried the same thing between terminals 3-and 1 and had the same results. if you dont think any of this could be related ill definetley start a new thread , ....

Old 02-26-2014, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

The maintenance required light just means a certain mileage has past since it has last been reset, it is to indicate that routine maintenance should be performed as recommended in the owner's manual.

The headlight problem is probably not related to the power window problem, which is a door multiplex control unit problem. So, starting a new thread for the headlight problem would be better.